Benefits of Joining KWM:
- Multiple communication channels – discussion list, blog, and Facebook – to engage with other professionals
- Professional events – small group dinners, happy hours, student groups, and tours – offer opportunities to meet other information professionals
- Educational programs provide an opportunity to sharpen your skills and gain new ones. Our programs focus on topics such as career development, the latest technologies, management and leadership, best practices, etc.
- Occasional full-day or half-day workshops offer more in-depth training
- Volunteer – take on a leadership role and build your own leadership skills
- Participate in committee work or outreach to the two local library schools
- Raise your personal profile in the local, national, or international professional community
- Help to shape the direction and vision of our chapter and the association
See the Chapter Officers page under About Us for more information about our committees and volunteer opportunities. To become more involved with KWM, or to get answers to your questions about our chapter, contact the KWM President.